You’ve probably heard the phrase “smile power,” but do you know what it means? It’s simple: A smile is essential to your body language and can make or break an interaction with another person. If you want the perfect smile you’ve always dreamed about, porcelain veneers may be an excellent option. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about this cosmetic dentistry procedure from our experienced team here at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa. Then, call us at (954) 524-2300 to schedule a complimentary consultation.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells covering individual teeth to improve their overall appearance and boost self-confidence. These dental veneers use adhesive to bond with each tooth and stay attached permanently, so you don’t have to worry about frequent dentist visits. With veneers, you get a permanent solution to reclaim your smile and self-confidence.
Porcelain Veneers vs. Other Types of Veneers
When you look in the mirror, do you notice the flaws in your smile and wish you could fix them? If so, veneers can help transform your appearance. In addition to porcelain dental veneers, you have several other options, including:
- Composite Veneers: This type of veneer is typically less expensive than its porcelain counterpart. However, composite veneers aren’t as durable and tend to stain.
- Lumineers: Another popular type of veneer is lumineers. Lumineers usually take less time to apply, but they may not look as natural as porcelain veneers and are susceptible to damage.
- Temporary Veneers: If you want a short-term solution, temporary or removable veneers might be your number one choice. Just know that they aren’t as natural-looking and can lead to dental issues in the long run.
Although other types of veneers may look great and cost less, they won’t benefit your teeth as much as porcelain veneers. For example, temporary veneers often cover up dental problems instead of addressing them, which only delays treatment and allows minor issues to worsen over time.
What Do Porcelain Veneers Do?
Porcelain veneers can help you achieve a red-carpet-worthy smile, but what do they do specifically? How do they work to restore your pearly whites? Porcelain veneers can help with the following structural and cosmetic concerns:
- Chips and cracks
- Minor misalignment
- Stains and discoloration
- Misshapen teeth
Overall, permanent porcelain veneers offer a lasting, durable solution to give you an even white smile you can proudly show the world.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers in Florida
There are many benefits to fixing your smile with porcelain veneers in Florida, an affordable alternative to dental implants, bridges, and braces. An experienced dentist can customize veneers that fit your teeth perfectly and provide long-lasting, exceptional results.
Porcelain veneers offer several key benefits, including:
- Improving oral health: Porcelain veneers help your teeth stay healthier longer by preventing plaque buildup and stains. You don’t need to do anything special besides regular brushing and flossing.
- Giving you a better smile: With porcelain veneers, you can instantly improve your aesthetic appearance and wow the crowd.
- Increasing self-confidence: Discolored, misaligned, or misshapen teeth can make you embarrassed to socialize and smile for the camera. Porcelain veneers help you regain self-confidence and give you something to smile about—on or off-camera!
How Long Does the Veneer Process Take?
Veneers are an excellent option if you’re seeking to achieve a movie-star-quality smile. Are you concerned about the cost and the time involved? We’re here to tell you the veneer process is fast and easy compared to other dental treatment plans.
From start to finish, veneers take about three weeks, which includes a couple of visits to our peaceful, zen-like boutique and a few critical steps:
- Preparation: We’ll remove less than half a millimeter of tooth enamel to add the veneers seamlessly.
- Labwork: We’ll take an impression of your teeth, send the mold to a lab, and create the perfect veneers for you.
- Bonding: The final step involves cleaning your teeth and bonding the veneers with a special adhesive.
Your porcelain veneers should last up to 20 years once the process is complete. You’ll want to practice good oral hygiene to help the veneers last as long as possible.
Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique: Transformational Dentistry in a Spa-like Setting
If you’ve searched for “porcelain veneers near me,” you’ve come to the right place. At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, FL, our highly trained dental professionals have the skill and expertise to deliver beautiful results guaranteed to last. No more feeling self-conscious and concerned about your teeth—we have solutions tailored to your needs and budget.
Copyright © 2022. Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa. All rights reserved.
The information on this site is not intended or implied as a substitute for professional dental advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information, is on or available through this website for general information purposes only. Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information on or available through this website. Such information is subject to change without notice. We encourage you to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources and review all information regarding any dental condition or treatment with your dentist. Never disregard professional dental advice or delay seeking dental treatment because of something you have read or accessed through this website.