General Dentistry – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dr. Patty and her talented staff strive for quality, preventive dental care that starts in the dental office with routine cleanings, X-rays, sealings, good oral hygiene care and restorative treatments.
Other General Dentistry Procedures Performed In Office Include:
- White fillings (composite fillings)
- Porcelain Fillings
- Crowns & Bridges
- Bleaching (in-office & take-home)
- White Spot removal
- Cosmetic Braces (clear & short term)
- Root Canal Therapy
- Mouth Guards (Sports & Sleep)
- Tooth Pain Management
- Fever Blister / Canker Sore Prevention & Treatment
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions
- Teeth Stain Removal
- Correct Gaps, Chips & Missing Teeth Permanently
- Straighten Teeth
- Lumineers Porcelain Veneers
- Laser Procedures
- Cosmetic Dentures
- Cosmetic Braces
- Clear & 6-month All-Porcelain Crowns
- KOR Bleaching
- Dental Implants
- Veneer Bonding
- Bad Breath (Halitosis) Cure & Treatment
- Teeth cleanings
- TMD/TMJ therapy
Dr. Patty has replaced the jarring sounds of buzzing drills with nearly noiseless, electronic tools that are further silenced by relaxing music. The malodorous scent of chemicals has been replaced by aromatherapy and odor-free, eco-friendly products.
Another nice touch that Dr. Patty offers her clients is numbness reversal. Numbness can be limiting, affecting one’s speech, smile and ability to drink after a visit. Dr. Patty’s reversal process allows clients to leave the dental boutique and carry on with their day as if nothing happened. It’s all part of the dental spa experience.
Even those who take amazing care of their teeth and gums must see a dentist regularly to ensure optimal health. Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa can check for problems that you may not see or feel externally.
How Often Should You Visit The Dentist For A Check-up?
The recommendation for dental check-ups and cleanings is twice a year. Those with implants, crowns, or gum disease may need to visit more often.
Important Reasons For Twice-yearly Visits
You may wonder why it is so important to visit Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa at least twice a year for your teeth to be cleaned. Two of the most important reasons for these visits include:
- Allowing your dentist to check for early signs of decay
- Treating oral problems as soon as they’re detected, making them more manageable.
What Happens During The Typical Check-up?
Some people are nervous about visiting the dentist, but with the relaxing atmosphere and tailor-made dental experience that you can have at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa, you will be able to have the following completed:
- Cleaning – Only a professional cleaning provided by a dentist can thoroughly clean teeth, remove hardened plaque, and – most importantly – clean under the gums. The series of metal hand instruments used to clean your teeth do so in a way you can’t at home with a regular brushing and flossing routine.
- Polishing – Following a cleaning, your teeth are polished to remove plaque on the tooth surface using a lightly abrasive substance and fluoride.
- Prevention – The hygienist may offer at-home instructions for continued care based on the results of your exam. This is the time to ask any outstanding questions.
- Digital X-Rays – Digital x-rays are used to expose clients to less radiation than traditional x-rays. The dentist will carefully consider your exam results, history and risk for future issues.
- Treatment recommendations – If any health problems are identified during the exam, the dentist will make a recommendation for further treatment. This will encompass any necessary referrals.
We are proud to offer our clients the latest technology in dental care including:
- The Intra-Oral Camera: This camera is shaped like a pen and takes a live shot of your teeth and gums, allowing you to see what your doctor sees.
- Digital Imaging: This allows us to create images to project how cosmetic procedural results will appear.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Screen your mouth with the power of Identafi®. multiple wavelengths. Through multiple wavelengths, this test was created to be more effective than other tests and is great for early detection.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment to get your personalized treatment at our blissful boutique.
At our boutique, we are happy to offer our clients metal-free dentistry which is both comfortable and safer than other options. This can also allow you to have a radiant smile without anyone knowing that you had dental work completed. Some materials used in traditional dentistry can lead to health complications, which is why Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa in Fort Lauderdale offers metal-free dentistry, preserving the beauty of teeth while repairing their bite.
As plaque and bacteria erode tooth enamel, they form cavities in the tooth structure. When left untreated, this can destroy the nerves and root structure of teeth which can lead to the need for a root canal or extraction. Composite resin fillings are inserted to fill small cavities and prevent cavities from getting worse while restoring the bite surface. This procedure involves removal of the decay and a minimal amount of original tooth structure. They appear natural and are virtually undetectable. Previously installed metal fillings can be removed and replaced with composite, tooth-colored fillings. However, unless it’s in the cosmetic zone of your smile, Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa doesn’t recommend this unless you have health issues, there is pain, a leaky margin allowing bacteria to get in, or it’s broken.
All-ceramic crowns are unlike metal-based crowns of the past, using layers of porcelain to protect the remaining tooth structure and achieve a realistic aesthetic. Porcelain is layered to create the most realistic restoration, and light can move through the semi-translucent material like your natural teeth. It is also extremely durable and will last for years.
Older, metal-based crowns have a reputation for eroding along the gum line and exposing a dark line at the tooth’s base. Our clients report that their friends and family can’t even tell the all-ceramic crowns apart from their natural teeth.
Laser Dentistry For A Painless Experience
The professionals at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa are committed to our clients’ health and uses lasers to offer a safe, anxiety-free dental experience without drills and scalpel, and, in most cases, without anesthesia. This innovative laser technology has several advantages, including minimal intervention and little-to-no anesthetic for the following procedures:
- Surgical and dental procedures
- Gum disease
- Cosmetic purposes
- Biopsy or lesion removal
What Is Laser Therapy And What Are The Benefits?
A laser is a tiny beam of very concentrated light which brings energy into the mouth through a tiny fiber, in order to remove infections and gum disease with precision. The beam sterilizes the area and seals blood vessels, minimizing the chance of infection or bleeding. It is also a much more comfortable experience. Though the need for anesthetic may be lowered, it is sometimes used to make sure absolutely nothing is felt during the treatment.
You will be able to take advantage of the following with laser dentistry:
- Quicker recovery period
- Decreased risk of infection
- Reduced sensitivity
- Decreased time in dental chair
- Less anxiety experienced by clients who are uncomfortable with dental drill being used
- Bleeding and swelling is minimized
- Less discomfort after treatments
Meet The DoctorsRead More
Meet The TeamRead More
Recent Blogs & NewsRead More Blogs
What Are PDO Threads, and How Can They Transform My Appearance?
Facelift surgery isn’t the only way to tighten sagging skin and give you your desired refreshed appearance. Do…
South FL Dentist Offers Free Dental Implant Evaluation
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida—Dr. Patty, a highly trained and experienced cosmetic and restorative dentist and founder of Dr. Patty’s…
A Permanent Reason To Smile: Top 5 Benefits of Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are a budget-friendly and hassle-free alternative to traditional porcelain veneers. This innovative material offers many…
Dr. Patty's Dental Boutique & Spa
646 N Federal Hwy,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, United States
Dr. Patty Miami Cosmetic Dentistry
530 NW 54th St Suite A, Miami,
FL 33127, United States