Pediatric Dentistry – Fort Lauderdale, FL
A Smile For Life Starts With Kid-Friendly Dentistry
We Bring Out The Best In Little Smiles
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa, we are committed to making sure every child leaves our warm and welcoming practice with a healthy smile. We have specialized knowledge and training to provide children with the gentle and empathetic care they deserve to achieve a happy smile.
Our kid-friendly dentists Dr. Patty and Dr. Nancy have a passion for working with children of all ages, including those with special needs. We recommend scheduling an initial visit when your baby’s first tooth erupts, which is typically between the ages of six and 12 months. Establishing proper oral health early on ensures a healthy foundation and good habits throughout childhood. Pediatric dentistry in Fort Lauderdale, FL involves preventive dental care, as well as endodontics, frenectomies, orthodontics and customized mouth guards for children involved in sports. Because we offer these services under one roof, you will not have to visit multiple practices.
Personalized Pediatric Dentistry
Dr. Patty or Dr. Nancy will complete a thorough examination of your child’s mouth. We use a painless intraoral camera and may take digital X-rays to assess their bone health and look for signs of tooth decay. If we discover any issues, we will discuss these thoroughly with you so you know what to expect, including the cost. After their exam, our hygienist will gently clean your child’s teeth to remove any plaque that has accumulated. If your child is age 3 or older, we encourage you to help them brush twice a day using a fluoride toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrush. In addition to routine care, we offer:
- Dental Sealants: Dental sealants have been shown to reduce the risk of decay by nearly 80% in molars. They are designed to form a bond with the pits and grooves on the tooth’s chewing surfaces to help prevent or stop existing decay from getting worse. Prior to placing dental sealants on your child’s molars, we remove any bacteria and plaque from the biting surface grooves. After sealant has been applied, it keeps bits of food out and stops bacteria and acid from settling onto teeth.
- Pediatric Endodontics: While most people think of endodontics as a specialty for adults, the pulp of a child’s tooth can get injured or infected and require treatment. Endodontic treatment for children isn’t limited to permanent teeth because baby teeth are important for chewing and speaking and hold spaces for permanent teeth. Children’s teeth typically have underdeveloped roots and thin canal walls, which may require special care to repair and restore them to a natural and healthy state. A pulpotomy treats infected or contaminated pulp tissue that is limited to the crown of the tooth. After removing the affected pulp, a calming agent is placed inside it to prevent bacteria growth and infection. A stainless steel crown is used to restore baby teeth treated with a pulpotomy. If the entire pulp is infected down to the roots, a pulpectomy removes all the diseased pulp, then the canals are cleansed, disinfected and packed with reabsorbable material. The final step is placing a crown over the tooth to protect it.
- Frenectomy: In infants, excessive frenum tissue can cause problems with breastfeeding. Surgery for tongue-tie in Fort Lauderdale, FL involves cutting the small piece of tissue called the lingual frenum located between the base of the tongue and floor of the mouth. This helps prevent nursing issues and speech problems when your child starts talking. In the upper arch, the labial frenum connects the gums to the lip. During lip-tie surgery, excess frenum is removed to prevent gaps in the front teeth and associated orthodontic problems.
- Orthodontics: Bite-related issues can start during different stages of dental development and are largely dependent on a child’s growth and specific case. If you think your child needs braces, contact us for a complimentary consultation. During this visit, we will weigh the risks and benefits of beginning or postponing treatment. We want your child to enjoy a lovely, straight smile as soon as possible but only if it clinically appropriate. We offer traditional braces, as well as Six Month Smiles and Invisalign. While Six Month Smiles is recommended for teens 16 and older, Invisalign has specialized straightening protocols for younger children. Invisalign First is designed with comfort in mind for children ages 6 to 10 to treat simple to complex teeth straightening issues including crowding, spacing and narrow dental arches.
- Customized Mouth Guards: Sports and recreational activities account for a large number of injuries in children, including knocked out or cracked teeth. It is well worth it to invest in a sports mouth guard that is custom-fabricated to your child’s mouth rather than an off-the-shelf product. We start by making a model of their teeth, then mold the protector around it for a perfect fit. The mouth guard is made from sturdy, high-quality material, offering maximum protection and a superior level of comfort—at a reasonable cost.
Gentle Dentistry Customized To Your Child’s Smile
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa, our goal is to make children feel at home and alleviate any dental fears. We want every child to enjoy going to the dentist and love helping them understand the importance of good oral hygiene. We offer nitrous oxide which is safe for patients of all ages and IV sedation, if needed. We want dentistry to be a stress-free, pleasant experience for you and your child.
We look forward to spending time getting to know your child and helping them on their personal journey to achieving a healthy, happy smile for life! We love monitoring children as they grow with preventive care and helpful treatment options to protect and strengthen their precious smiles on the journey to adulthood.
Dedicated To Brightening Children’s Smiles
Whether you are looking for compassionate pediatric dentistry in Fort Lauderdale, FL for your baby’s first appointment, have a pre-teen who needs braces or a child with infected dental pulp, our team is dedicated to restoring bright and healthy smiles. Our entire team looks forward to providing the compassionate care your child needs to maintain proper dental health for life. We think everyone deserves access to excellent dental care, so we accept insurance from in-network and out-of-network carriers and partner with leading third-party financing companies to help make treatment more affordable.
Meet The DoctorsRead More
Meet The TeamRead More
Recent Blogs & NewsRead More Blogs
What Are PDO Threads, and How Can They Transform My Appearance?
Facelift surgery isn’t the only way to tighten sagging skin and give you your desired refreshed appearance. Do…
South FL Dentist Offers Free Dental Implant Evaluation
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida—Dr. Patty, a highly trained and experienced cosmetic and restorative dentist and founder of Dr. Patty’s…
A Permanent Reason To Smile: Top 5 Benefits of Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are a budget-friendly and hassle-free alternative to traditional porcelain veneers. This innovative material offers many…
Dr. Patty's Dental Boutique & Spa
646 N Federal Hwy,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, United States
Dr. Patty Miami Cosmetic Dentistry
530 NW 54th St Suite A, Miami,
FL 33127, United States