Root Canal Therapy and Tooth Pain Management-We can eliminate your tooth pain so that you can eat, talk, and smile beautifully again.
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Your teeth are meant to last a lifetime and give you the ability to smile, laugh, and talk. Sometimes, damage can occur to your tooth from a cavity or injury and the inside of your tooth may become infected. The infection that occurs can damage the pulp of your tooth. The pulp is essentially a network of nerves and blood vessels within your tooth.
If you leave the damaged pulp untreated, it can cause a further infection that will damage the bone around your tooth which may cause-
If your damaged tooth does become infected, our cosmetic dentist may have to perform root canal therapy, otherwise known as endodontic treatment, in an effort to save your tooth. This treatment involves the following:
- Opening the tooth
- Removing the damaged pulp
- Cleaning the tooth and area
- Sealing your tooth
Depending on how severe your infection is, you may need to take an antibiotic before this treatment can begin. The common causes affecting the pulp of your tooth can include:
- Cracked tooth
- Deep cavity
- Repeated dental treatment to the tooth
With this procedure, we will clean the canal inside your tooth’s root, hence where the name of this treatment came from. You can laugh, smile, and talk again with root canal therapy offered at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa in Fort Lauderdale.
Goal of a Root Canal
When you think of a root canal, pain may be the first thing that crosses your mind due to horror stories that you may have heard from friends and family. However, at our dental boutique and spa, we offer options that can eliminate any fear or anxiety that you may be experiencing about your endodontic treatment. In addition to that, with the up-to-date technology that we have, root canals often don’t involve lots of pain. The goal of this treatment is to save your tooth that has become severely infected. We perform this procedure to remove bacteria and dead tissue that is inside your tooth.
With modern technology and improved techniques, the root canal that you receive will likely be much different than the one your grandma received years ago. This procedure has evolved into a relatively comfortable option that requires at most two visits to our cosmetic dentists.
When is a Root Canal Needed?
Root canals are usually only recommended when there is an infection deep inside your tooth. The pulp found in your tooth can become infected with bacteria for one of the reasons listed above. If the infection is left untreated, you may need to have your entire tooth removed. You can click here if you would like to read a step-by-step guide of a root canal. Missing teeth can affect your sexy smile and ruin your self-confidence. Routine dentistry visits are recommended and are a must for a healthy smile!
After Your Root Canal Therapy
It is important that you take care of your gums and teeth, especially after a root canal. A follow-up visit will be needed with your cosmetic dentist to make sure that the treated tooth is healing and that all signs of infection are gone. As mentioned above, you will need to make sure that you are visiting the dentist twice a year, if not more, for routine cleaning exams.
While you are at home, you need to have a great oral care routine that includes brushing with a Sonicare toothbrush, flossing, and rinsing with an antibiotic mouthwash if recommended. With superb attention and care, your treated tooth along with your other teeth can stay healthy for the rest of your life.
Tooth Pain Management
If you avoid going to the dentist because of fear or anxiety, you may end up experiencing tooth pain that causes you to go to the one place you don’t want to visit, your dentist! When you experience tooth pain, it is generally a sign that there is a problem. If you notice that you have tooth pain inside or around a certain tooth, by leaving it untreated, you are bound to make matters worse.
Causes of Tooth Pain
There are many reasons that you may feel pain within your tooth or teeth which include:
- Tooth Decay-Number one cause of tooth pain
- Impacted tooth-This is common with wisdom teeth and happens when a tooth is trying to break through the gums but cannot due to the position of the tooth
- Sinus infection-Pain in the upper teeth will be experienced or an infected tooth can cause pain in the sinus.
- Tooth sensitivity-Can occur when eating sweets, drinking hot or cold beverages or when you have a tooth recession
- Brushing too hard-Can use a soft bristled brush to avoid this
- Recession of gums
- Cracked teeth
- Teeth grinding-Can be remedied by purchasing a nightguard
- Overuse of OTC teeth whitening products
- Plaque buildup
- Acidic food
- Recent dental procedures
You will want to be sure to visit the dentist consistently so that you can avoid preventable causes of tooth pain.
Management of Tooth Pain
You can manage your tooth pain with the help of your dentist and at home. For treatment at home, you can use over-the-counter medications for your sinus pain or even a numbing product. If you think your pain is caused by an abscess, you will need to schedule a visit with your cosmetic dentist. We can treat the problem by prescribing an antibiotic, pain medication, and then scheduling a visit for whichever procedure is needed.
By brushing and flossing twice a day along with visiting your dentist regularly, you can avoid gingivitis and periodontal disease. Our goal is to help you have the smile that you have always dreamed of having, without any pain! Schedule a complimentary consultation at our dental boutique and spa today!
Why Choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa?
- You can enjoy your dental visit with our Relaxed, Upscale Spa-like Atmosphere
- Complimentary wine & Nespresso coffee bar, hot towel service, temple massage therapy, paraffin treatments, music & movie selections
- Convenient hours – Evening and Saturday hours available
- Latest Technology- Such as intraoral cameras making it possible for you to see exactly what is happening in your mouth, for yourself. Advanced Digital x-rays that emit less radiation and is actually a comfortable process. Yes! It doesn’t require that little square to go in your mouth that hurts so much. Instead, the X-ray machine goes around your head.
- Latest Treatments that allow for quick healing after surgery along with services like same-day crowns, gum surgery with no cutting or stitches,
- No metal or amalgam is ever used in our offices
- We can assist clients by arranging their transportation to and from your appointment.
- Multiple Sedation Options Available for a more comfortable and anxiety-free experience including IV Sedation and nitrous.
- Botox treatments under the same roof for both medical and beauty purposes. Can be used to get rid of wrinkles, TMJ and migraines. We also offer Filler to plump cheeks, take away jowl, enhance your lips and rid of nasiolabial folds:
- Aesthetic Spa Services Available Onsite. Estheticians available to perform eyebrow shaping, eyelash extensions, microblading, facials, peeps, hydrogen facials, microdermabrasion and more.
- We use state of the art sterilization equipment and processes that are focused on Safety. More importantly it is set up openly for our clients to see.
- Select Insurance and Financing Options Available – Care Credit financing is available for those who qualify and we work with insurance (complimentary benefit check available at your consultation)