If you have crooked teeth as an adult and have managed to skip straightening them this long, with the help of a cosmetic dentist in Fort Lauderdale, it may be time to take the leap and rebuild your reputation with an amazing smile that includes straight teeth. It’s understandable that many adults have reservations about seeking cosmetic or orthodontic treatment, but you should be more concerned with how you are viewed having crooked teeth, and with the health of your gums resulting from crooked teeth. Whether in a board meeting, everyday interactions with superiors and coworkers, out on the town with friends, or even on a date, you don’t want to worry about a mouth full of metal compromising the image you have worked hard to create for yourself, or the reputation that you are trying to build.
If this is the case for you, or if you have other reasons for avoiding traditional braces, one of the more innovative options now available to you is Invisalign. Instead of a mouthful of brackets and wires, you can benefit from clear trays that you can change on a routine schedule to keep your teeth moving in the right direction, eventually ending in a beautiful and even smile. You can check out before and after pictures by clicking here.
It is still essential to work with a cosmetic dentist at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa during this time to ensure you are ready for Invisalign treatment and to watch for any complications or mishaps before they happen.
Keep Your Teeth Healthy with Invisible Braces
With invisible braces, taking great care of your teeth becomes essential. Regular visits allow your cosmetic dentist to keep track of your teeth and take the steps necessary to address problems as they arise. Things you do on an everyday basis make the biggest difference, however.
What can you do to improve your oral health?
- Rinse Your Trays: A large part of the focus when you talk to an orthodontist about Invisalign revolves around keeping your trays in, but don’t forget to clean your trays on a regular basis. Every time you eat, take your trays out and rinse them. Then brush your teeth and replace them immediately, or as soon as you can after eating.
- Brush Your Teeth Daily: Continue your orthodontic routine on a daily basis. You need to brush away food and bacteria to keep your teeth healthy and clear of buildup. Choose fluoride toothpaste, and because the teeth are entirely accessible with Invisalign, it can be easier to clean your teeth from every angle than it is with traditional braces. Many clients find electric toothbrushes are highly efficient at removing buildup. Just don’t forget about the hard to reach areas!
- Floss Regularly: Whether you choose traditional floss or a WaterPik, always floss regularly. Go all the way through your mouth, and then go through again if you are at all unsure. Over time, you will get better and more efficient at the process, but regular flossing allows you to take care of your teeth and eliminates problems that regularly arise, from gum disease, to infections and deterioration of the teeth.
- Disinfect Your Trays: Between meals you may be pressed for time, which only allows for a quick rinse of your trays while you’re brushing your teeth. Don’t forget to regularly disinfect your trays as well. They can become hubs for bacteria and infections, leading to complications with your oral health and cosmetic orthodontic treatments. Regular disinfecting can prevent this problem.
- Regular Cleanings: You should visit our dental boutique every three to six months for cleanings to address areas in the mouth that you cannot reach with your Sonicare toothbrush and floss at home.
You can have straight teeth and a confident smile without all of the embarrassing metal wires and brackets.
Get the Best Results with Invisalign at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique and Spa
If you want the best results for your money, always consult with a cosmetic dentist. For adults, Invisalign will be a great option due to its discreet style and much more. For responsible adults who have mild orthodontic issues, Invisalign could be the perfect treatment. However, you will have other treatment options as well that can be discussed during your complimentary consultation at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa in Fort Lauderdale. These options can include:
- Six Month Smiles
- Clear Correct
To evaluate your options and see what your best solution is, complimentary consults are available by calling 954.524.2300.