TMD and TMJ Therapy – you can live pain-free with the help of our posh dental boutique and spa. Smile without pain once again!
Kiss Chronic Pain Goodbye with our TMD and TMJ Therapy
Do you find yourself suffering from frequent migraines or chronic headaches? You may be one of the many Americans that suffer from temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD) if you suffer from pain in the following areas:
This joint is responsible for numerous functions including:
- Other everyday activities
TMD can have serious implications on your quality of life and on your overall health. Thankfully, at our dental boutique and spa in Fort Lauderdale, we can treat your TMD with a simple solution.
Explaining the Joint and its Dysfunction (TMD)
This joint is the hinge that is on each side of your head in front of your ears. Your temporomandibular connects your lower jawbone to your skull. The temporomandibular joint is referred to as TMJ.
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction is referred to as TMD, and sometimes you may even see the acronym TMJD when describing this condition. These conditions can be used to describe any dysfunction of the temporomandibular jaw joint. TMJD causes persistent pain and tenderness in your face, head, jaw, and neck. This condition is brought on largely by stress but can also be caused by traumatic injury or even bite misalignment. TMD is typically characterized by the following:
- Jaw popping, clicking, or locking
- Jaw pain
- Teeth clenching
- Teeth grinding
- Chronic migraines
- Frequent headaches
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please contact our dental boutique and spa today so that you don’t have to live with this pain any longer.
Causes of TMD
Possible causes of temporomandibular joint dysfunction can include:
- Clenching your teeth
- Injury to your jaw, temporomandibular joint, or the muscles in your neck and head can occur from whiplash or a heavy blow
- Grinding your teeth
- Arthritis in your temporomandibular joint
- Dislocation of the ball and socket
Some of these causes can affect your bite as well which may require corrective dental treatment. At our dental boutique and spa, we can improve your bite by-
- Replacing missing teeth
- Using orthodontics
- Balancing your teeth surfaces
- Replacing crownsand fillings
By letting our team create a stable bite, it will be an essential part of your oral health and will ensure that your teeth will allow you to live your life as pain free as possible.
Symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
You may experience the following symptoms if you suffer from TMJD:
- Popping or locking of the jaw
- Frequent headaches
- Pain or difficulty chewing
- Sleep Apnea
- Pain in Your Face, Head, and Neck
If you have been dealing with any of these symptoms and have not received any answers, let our cosmetic dentists see if you may be suffering from joint dysfunction in your jaw.
Snoring and Sleep Apnea
There may be a connection between sleep disorders and TMJ disorders. Surprisingly, just under 100 million Americans have snoring problems that can develop into obstructive sleep apnea. If you wake up feeling tired and non-energetic after a full night of sleep and experience any of the symptoms above, you may want to speak to your doctor about finding a solution to your snoring and possible sleep apnea. Dentistry can be seen as an integral part of sleep medicine, so we can work together with your doctor to provide you with both an effective diagnosis and treatment plan for your sleep disorder along with TMJ.
Pain in Your Face, Head, and Neck
If you experience pain in any of these areas and your general physician seems baffled with your ongoing headaches and earaches, you may have issues with your bite or jaw joints. While this can be extremely difficult to diagnose, our team is dedicated to properly diagnosing you so that we can get a treatment plan in place for you to combat your pain successfully and effectively.
Treatment of TMD and Correcting Your TMJ Issue
If you have been living in your own personal nightmare and dealing with chronic pain and no relief, we would love to talk to you about our therapy treatment. We can evaluate your specific situation and then customize your treatment.
We are dedicated to helping our clients find an effective solution such as:
- Customized Occlusal Guards
Our oral appliances are customized just for you! You will wear this mouth guard when you sleep and it can help minimize the-
- Effects that you feel from grinding and clenching your teeth
- Prevent your jaw joint from contracting
- Allow the facial muscles to relax
This will relieve the pain and ease the tension that you experience. Our clients are ecstatic with their individual results and the total improvement in life that they have been able to enjoy with our treatment.
BOTOX® and TMJ
BOTOX® is currently being used as an alternative treatment for your TMD/TMJ disorders. When you have BOTOX® injected into the facial muscles that have been afflicted by discomfort and soreness, you may find relief from your TMD symptoms, headaches & migraines. BOTOX® injections can-
- Eliminate your frequent headaches and chronic migraines due to teeth grinding and clenching
- Minimize the occurrence of lockjaw
While this treatment is still considered to be experimental, many of our clients along with several studies have indicated that this option can be extremely effective.
Furthermore, BOTOX® injections can relieve the jaw tension that you experience by making your muscles unable to engage in unconscious movements that are quite powerful and lead to pain, headaches, and other symptoms. The use of BOTOX® as an alternative treatment for TMD/TMJ tends to be straightforward, quick, and effective. This option is non-surgical, requires no hospital stay, and your injection can be administered right at our dental boutique and spa. You may experience relief as quickly as one or two days following your treatment but sometimes it may take up to a week to feel full relief of your symptoms. Click here if you would like to read more information about the use of BOTOX® and TMJ.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms that are listed above, please give us a call today.
Why Choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa
- You can enjoy your dental visit with our Relaxed, Upscale Spa-like Atmosphere
- Complimentary wine & Nespresso coffee bar, hot towel service, temple massage therapy, paraffin treatments, music & movie selections
- Convenient hours – Evening and Saturday hours available
- Latest Technology- Such as intraoral cameras making it possible for you to see exactly what is happening in your mouth, for yourself. Advanced Digital x-rays that emit less radiation and is actually a comfortable process. Yes! It doesn’t require that little square to go in your mouth that hurts so much. Instead, the X-ray machine goes around your head.
- Latest Treatments that allow for quick healing after surgery along with services like same-day crowns, gum surgery with no cutting or stitches,
- No metal or amalgam is ever used in our offices
- We can assist clients by arranging their transportation to and from your appointment.
- Multiple Sedation Options Available for a more comfortable and anxiety-free experience including IV Sedation and nitrous.
- Botox treatments under the same roof for both medical and beauty purposes. Can be used to get rid of wrinkles, TMJ and migraines. We also offer Filler to plump cheeks, take away jowl, enhance your lips and rid of nasiolabial folds:
- Aesthetic Spa Services Available Onsite. Estheticians available to perform eyebrow shaping, eyelash extensions, microblading, facials, peeps, hydrogen facials, microdermabrasion and more.
- We use state of the art sterilization equipment and processes that are focused on Safety. More importantly it is set up openly for our clients to see.
- Select Insurance and Financing Options Available – Care Credit financing is available for those who qualify and we work with insurance (complimentary benefit check available at your consultation)