If you are self-conscious about smiling, have low self-esteem when talking, and want to change those feelings by having a sexy smile, you may be interested in getting a dentistry makeover. Improving the appearance of your smile by utilizing one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures is known as a smile makeover. These procedures can include:
- Tooth implants
- Dental veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Composite bonding
- Teeth whitening
Considerations to Keep in Mind
If you are ready to get a smile makeover, you and Dr. Patty will take the following into consideration:
- Facial appearance
- Eye color
- Tooth display
- Gum tissue
This smile makeover can be done for a variety of reasons and can be uniquely customized to your specific considerations.
Why Choose a Smile Makeover?
When you begin to think about your smile, you will already have thought about what you dislike or like about your teeth and what you would want to be improved and changed. An experienced and talented cosmetic dentist will be able to review these aspects and tell you what can be improved such as:
- Color of teeth: If you have dental fillings that are silver or amalgam, they can be replaced with natural, tooth colored composite restoration. If you have stained or dull teeth, this can be fixed with teeth whitening. The color of your teeth will be kept in mind when completing any type of dentistry work including veneers, crowns, etc. If you have dark or discolored teeth, this could mean you were born with darker teeth, is a sign of aging, or lack of good dental hygiene, when in all reality you just want the world to see your sexy smile. When you have bright, white teeth that can be seen with a well-balanced smile, you will showcase a more youthful appearance. Your cosmetic dentist will carefully select the shade for your whitening procedure and veneers while keeping in mind the color of your eyes and shape of your face. The right cosmetic dentist understands the importance of balance and is skilled at giving you a brighter and whiter smile while maintaining a natural tooth color.
- Spacing and Alignment: If you are self-conscious about your teeth that are crooked, overlapped, or have gaps in between them, we can align and straighten your teeth with orthodontics, cosmetic braces like Invisalign, Clear Correct, or Six Month Smiles or we close your gaps and realign your teeth with veneers.
- Missing Teeth: If you have one or more teeth that are missing, it can negatively impact your smile, bite, and increase your risk for tooth decay while leading to low self-esteem. Replacing your missing teeth will be a vital part of your facial esthetics and oral health. We can replace your missing teeth by using bridges, partial dentures, or dental implants.
- Balance and Harmony: If you have cracked, chipped, or uneven teeth we can cosmetically bond them so that you can have an improved smile and appearance. If you have a gummy smile, let us re-contour your gums so that your smile is improved overall and you have the attractive smile (and teeth) that you have always wanted. Your gummy smile can also be corrected with Botox
- Fuller Cheeks, Smile, and Lips: If you see an aging or unshapely face when you look in the mirror, it can be depressing. We can rejuvenate your face with specific procedures in the smile makeover category with Botox and Fillers such as enhancements in the cheeks or lips, decrease deep wrinkles and fine wrinkles.
As a cosmetic dentistry boutique, we will work closely with you to develop a plan for your treatment that will help you achieve the exact look that you desire. Your treatment plan may consist of a variety of restorative and cosmetic procedures such as; teeth whitening, composite bonding, crowns, gum recession fixes, veneers, orthodontics work, and more!
Aesthetic Components of a Smile Makeover
While the balance, alignment, and color of your teeth are important to the aesthetic zone of your smile, there are numerous attributes that your cosmetic dentist will go over with you in regards to your smile and teeth such as:
- Tooth length-A youthful appearance can be seen with long teeth. Aging leads to shorter teeth due to wear and tear. We can fix this by reshaping, lengthening, modifying the gum line, and/or by adding crowns and/or dental veneers. By lengthening your teeth, it can impact your facial appearance and improve your self-confidence. Smaller teeth are for children, not confident sexy adults.
- Smile line-We will use this as a point of reference to determine how long your new teeth should be and how wide your teeth and the arch of your teeth should be.
- Tooth Proportions-We want to make sure that your teeth are proportionate with one another. People will be able to recognize a gorgeous smile when your front teeth are dominant and have a natural, well-balanced smile. That way, no one will ever know that you have veneers!
- Characterization and Tooth Texture-A cosmetic dentist with artistic capabilities will be able to characterize your crowns or veneers to create a more masculine or feminine appearance that will be stunningly natural looking and feeling that everyone will think you got new make-up and lots of rest!
Maintaining the Results of Your Smile Makeover
All of the cosmetic dentistry procedures that improve your smile will require maintenance over time and of course, regular oral hygiene care. For instance, if you had your teeth whitened, you will want to get this procedure repeated annually or bi-annually so that you can maintain the youthful, bright glow of your smile. At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique we give our clients bleaching trays if every tooth isn’t veneered or crowned in their smile makeover so that they can do quick home whitening touch ups. Crowns, veneers, gum recession and composite bonding may need enhancement or replacement over time depending on your lifestyle habits. With seeing the dentist every three to six months for cleanings, you will have them for a minimum of 10 years. To achieve the best results of your smile makeover, you will want to be sure that you take special care in selecting your cosmetic dentist and be certain that you inquire about your material options so that your dental procedures will last for a long time.
Don’t hide your smile any longer! Choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa and get the sexy smile that you have always dreamed of having with our smile makeover options!
Complimentary consults are available by calling 954.524.2300.