We Are Hiring
This highly motivated and positive individual assists in the prevention and treatment of oral disease, focusing on periodontal health by monitoring oral hygiene practices and assisting the patient to develop a home care plan to maintain their oral health. Hygienists also can give specific advice on prevention, nutrition, use of fluoride and smoking cessation.
The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Set up and prepare surgery before the start of each session when working without a nurse
- Provide dental health education about tooth care and diet
- Remove plaque and calculus by scaling and polishing teeth
- Take impressions and/or dental radiographs of teeth as required
- Apply prophylactic/antibacterial materials, fissure sealants and topical fluorides to help prevent tooth decay
- Carry out screening and monitoring procedures
- Treat and help prevent gingivitis and periodontitis
- Ensure that sterile conditions are maintained
- Clean and sterilize all equipment and working surfaces to the required standards at the end of each session
- Use a range of different dental instruments
- Maintain patient dental records; update all medical records as necessary
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Report equipment failures or breakages to the principle or practice manager, so that action may be taken to remedy any defects
- Follow Health & Safety guidelines in all aspects including when taking x-rays, handling mercury, disposing of sharp and clinical waste, resuscitation, emergency procedures and fire drill
- Offer advice and encouragement to patients
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Obey all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality and Data Protection
- High school diploma or GED
- A two-year Diploma in Dental Hygiene or three-year Oral Health Science Degree
- Experience using computers and MS Office Experience working in surgery
- Must be a people person with a great attitude and attention to detail
- Any extra courses taken relevant to dentistry
- Registered Hygienist
Our dental practice offers employment opportunities that promote professional, personal, and financial growth. We work extremely hard to provide our employees with continuous professional development and a supportive work environment. Competitive wages, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement are just a few reasons why a career with us is an investment in your future.
To apply, please fill out the form and include your salary history for the past 2 years along with your salary requirements for this year and the next. Please attach a 1 minute video of why you’re the best fit and why we should choose you.
Only candidates who submit this information will be considered. Please also attach your up to date CV or resume. Please do not call our office as our lines and team are busy answering calls from clients.