Wisdom Teeth Extractions-Avoid crowding, pain, and damage to your teeth due to your third molars by allowing us to extract them as a prevention method while keeping your smile as radiant as ever.
Healthier, Happier Smile Possible with Wisdom Teeth Extractions
If you need your wisdom teeth removed, you will be in good hands at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa. Your wisdom teeth are known as your third molars and are usually your last four teeth to emerge when you are between the ages of 17 and 25. These teeth are located near the entrance of your throat, at the back of your mouth on both the bottom and top of your jaw. While the word “wisdom” is related to the time in which these teeth emerge around maturity, it is not always wise to leave them in your mouth.
In many instances, your wisdom teeth will not emerge properly and therefore they will not be fully functional due to the inadequate space in your mouth. If you do not have the space for your third molars, your tooth may become impacted in a harmful or painful position within your mouth. By not treating your impacted wisdom teeth it can lead to-
- Damage to other teeth
It is not always beneficial to leave your wisdom teeth in your mouth and if you have a fear of the dentist, we can help you with this issue so that you can have a healthy mouth.
Types of Wisdom Tooth Impaction
There are varying degrees of impaction that your wisdom teeth may have due to the depth of their placement within the jaw. These include:
- Soft Tissue Impaction- Your upper portion of the tooth (the crown) has penetrated through your jawbone, but your gum is covering part or your tooth’s crown and has not positioned correctly around the tooth. Because it’s hard to keep the area clean, food can become trapped below the gum and cause infection and tooth decay, resulting in swelling and pain.
- Partial Bony Impaction-Your tooth has partially erupted, but a portion of the crown remains submerged below your gum and surrounding jawbone. Again, because it is hard to keep the area clean, an infection will commonly occur.
- Complete Bony Impaction-Your tooth is completely encased by your jawbone. This will require more complex removal techniques
Reasons to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth
While it is highly recommended that you have your wisdom teeth extracted, not all wisdom teeth will need to be removed. Extractions are generally completed due to active problems such as:
- Preventative measure to avoid future problems
If your wisdom teeth (or tooth) have become impacted and you leave it untreated, it can lead a variety of harmful outcomes including:
- Damage to nearby teeth
- Tooth Crowding
- Possible damage to the nerves and jawbone
There are many benefits to having your wisdom teeth removed, which you can read about here. If an extraction is necessary, our team at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa will be able to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience. You can choose our sedation method which will be both pain-free, relaxing, and eliminate any dental anxiety that you may experience.
Initial Wisdom Tooth Exam
As with all dental procedures, our cosmetic dentist will want to perform a complete examination of your wisdom teeth and the surrounding teeth. This exam will include X-rays so that we can determine the position of your teeth and see if you currently have a problem with them or if you are likely to have a problem in the future. The X-rays taken will also show if you have risk factors that may include:
- Decay of teeth
- Deterioration of teeth
By having your teeth evaluated and getting treatment in the early stages, it will be easier to identify problems that have the ability to occur. With early diagnosis and preventive care, we will be able to improve the results that you experience. After our cosmetic dentists thoroughly examine your mouth and your films, we will be able to provide you with the best options for your specific case.
What is Involved With Extracting Your Wisdom Teeth?
Removing your wisdom teeth is a common procedure which is usually performed under-
- Local anesthesia
- Intravenous sedation
- General anesthesia
While this is considered surgery, it will not require an overnight stay and you will be released once the anesthesia wears off. When you are released, you will receive post-op instructions and any medication that is necessary to help with any discomfort or swelling that you may experience.
Our expert cosmetic dentists complete wisdom teeth extractions with an anesthetic option listed above. Even when a local anesthetic is applied before your procedure, it will allow you to avoid feeling discomfort or pain during the extraction. At our dental boutique and spa in Fort Lauderdale, we are aware that dental anxiety affects many people and we can offer sedation options as mentioned above. Your extraction will be simple, painless, and quick!
Schedule your Consultation Today for Your Extraction
Your third molars will begin to grow in between the ages of 17 and 25. While these teeth emerge, your existing teeth and jaw will be placed under an undue amount of pressure. In the average adult mouth, there will not be enough space for these teeth to come in properly.
In rare circumstances, people are born without third molars but the rest of the population will have one to four of these molars grow in their mouth. We recommend removal of these teeth before swelling, infection, and pain occurs.
It is best to visit our cosmetic dentist during the late teen years so that we can assess your individual needs and decide on the best course of action for you. Extraction of wisdom teeth can be a worry-free procedure when you choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa! Schedule your complimentary consultation today to protect your beautiful smile!
Why Choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa?
- Relaxed, Upscale Spa-like Atmosphere – Actually enjoy your dental visit!
- Included Amenities – Complimentary wine & Nespresso coffee bar, hot towel service, temple massage therapy, paraffin treatments, music & movie selections
- Latest Technology and Treatments – Unlike some other dentists, Dr. Patty is constantly upgrading equipment and attends dental conferences and training to deliver the best results for you
- Personal Concierge Service – We can arrange everything from Red Cap or limo transportation to and from your appointment to making nearby lunch or dinner reservations for after your appointment
- Sedation Options Available – Multiple options for a more comfortable and anxiety-free experience
- Aesthetic Spa Services Available Onsite – From Botox, eyebrow threading, to the best facials for your skin type and more, our licensed medical esthetician can make your visit more enjoyable and efficient
- Focused On Safety – We use state of the art sterilization equipment and processes
- Advanced Digital Surround X-rays – Minimized exposure, more precise and digitally stored
- Select Insurance and Financing Options Available – Care Credit financing is available for those who qualify and we accept insurance (contact us to know if yours is one)